Earshot is creating a season of episodes about promises - spoken or unspoken, broken or kept. When you seal a relationship or an encounter with a promise, you’re asking for someone’s trust.
How hard is it to trust? How easy is it to deliver?
We are looking for story ideas that could be:
- a personal story - a promise made on someone’s death bed or in a school yard or over the back fence
- a formal/institutional promise - the promise implied when a nursing home takes on the care of a resident or when a government promises to protect the welfare of its citizens
- a challenge thrown down, with a promise to pursue it
- Tales of love, revenge, hope and betrayal
- Stories which range from the hilarious to the devastating